Saturday, February 14, 2009

Life

Life is precious. One minute you can be sitting on top of the world, and the next minute, barely clinging to it. No one knows what's going to happen. No one knows how long we have.

There were three recent deaths in the family, and each one upset me. I understand and accept death, but it's still hard facing the fact that I will never be able to see them again. I have so many memories flowing through my mind. Suddenly I realize I'm smiling. I would rather remember them in life than in death. I would rather have all the good memories to hold onto.

Over the past few weeks, I thought long and hard about life. Life is too short to be wasted. Everyone has a chance to be alive, but not everyone really lives. Carpe Diem: Seize the day. Live life the way it's meant to be lived.

Say I'm Sorry for those stupid grudges you held for so long...
Say I Love You to all those people in your life, even if you're too stubborn to admit it...
Take those risks that you wanted to take...
Do all the things you would like to do before you die...

It's like the song says:
We're here for a good time, not a long time,
So have a good time,
The sun can't shine every day.

I have made many mistakes in my life. I have many regrets. But I want to move forward. I have become discouraged over my new life in Alberta. Then I realized that if I don't focus, then my life will pass by, and I'll be wondering 'What If?' What if I were to give it my all and everything would work out? What if I jumped the hurdles to overcome my shortcomings and went on to succeed? What if?

One regret I have is not telling the people in my life just what they mean to me. Sometimes I'm too stubborn to admit it. But who knows when their time will come? Who knows when my time will come? Who knows when it will be too late to say, 'I love you'?

I'm not very good with words - as most of you know I can be a very quiet person. I think I'm better with words when I write them down. I just want to say 'I Love You' to all four of my parents, my six siblings, my countless aunts and uncles and cousins, my grandparents that are still alive, and all the animals that are in my life. I love you all. But a special 'I Love You' goes to the person that means more to me than anything in this world, Steve H. Steve, you were there for me when I needed you the most. I love you more than you'll ever know.

It's never too late to tell a person how you feel. You never know how soon the time will come when you'll never have another chance.

This note is dedicated to Opa, Geri, and Sylvia. I love you and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment